Correct pitch on a midi track
the music room, private studio
TI:ME Technology Areas Addressed:
Electronic Musical Instruments
Computer with installed sequencing program, midi keyboard or digital piano
Prior Knowledge and Skills:
Student will have a prepared piano selection.
NAfME standard of 1994 Addressed:
NAfME standard of 1994: Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
NAfME 2014: Performing
NAfME standard of 1994: Reading and notating music.
NAfME 2014: Creating
NAfME standard of 1994: Evaluating music and music performances.
NAfME 2014: Responding
Computer with installed sequencing program, a prepared piano selection.
At the conclusion of the lesson the student will be able to open the sequencing program and set-up a midi track for recording. After the performance of a prepared piece, the student will edit the performance to correct pitch.
- Explain project
- Instruct student to open program and set midi track for recording
- Student will listen to play back while reading score and mark pitch errors
- Instruct student to correct pitch on a midi track
- Allow student to correct all errors and to experiment with making and correcting errors within time available for lesson
- Listen to corrected performance
- Student will independently open sequencing program and set midi track for recording.
- Student will independently play and record piano piece
- Student will independently edit recording for pitch errors
Review lesson, record another piano selection, allow more time to practice editing techniques.