Recognize same and different rhythm patterns
C.S.44 (Bronx, New York)
TI:ME Technology Areas Addressed:
Computer-Music Ace Software
Prior Knowledge and Skills:
This is an introductory lesson in steady beat and rhythm patterns.
MENC Standards Addressed:
MENC 2: Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
MENC 5: Reading and notating music.
MENC 6: Listening to, analyzing and describing music.
Keyboard-computer-projector-Music Ace (software)
Students will successfully perform rhythm patterns and recognize same and different rhythm patterns.
- Explain and demonstrate a rhythm pattern using body parts (Hand clap-Foot stomp-Finger snap)-5 minutes
- Use call and response to demonstrate rhythm patterns – 5 minutes
- Students will create a rhythm pattern for the entire class to echo-5 minutes
- Teacher will demonstrate two rhythm patterns using a different source-2 minutes (Are the two rhythm patterns the same or different)
- Students will create two different patterns/class will echo – 5 minutes
- Teacher will create a rhythm on two different objects.-2 minutes
- Using prepared rhythm patterns, teacher will model reading each pattern- 5 minutes
- Have students participate with Music Ace software as a review – 5 minutes
Students will be able to recognize and demonstrate same and different rhythms
Use the steps under procedures to help students transfer what the have learned to instruments.This lesson could also be done with pre-recorded music.
Items to Purchase:
Music Ace (Software) Computer-Projector