Let’s Call & Respond in Super Duper Muisc Looper – Part Two
Gaffney Elementary HOT School, New Britain, CT
TI:ME Technology Areas Addressed:
Super Duper Music Looper
Prior Knowledge and Skills:
Students have a strong background with looped based software.
MENC Standards Addressed:
MENC 3: Improvising melodies, harmonies, and accompaniments.
MENC 4: Composing and Arranging Music within specified guidelines.
MENC 6: Listening to, analyzing and describing music.
Dell Computer linked to an Averkey converter for a enlarged television demonstration of lesson.
1)identify/review the concept call and response
2)compose a musical sequence with specific criteria
3)perform musical sequence
4)administer student assessment using rubric
1) initiation: students will review a call and repsonse concept. teacher will ask two students to carry on a conversation in front of the class using this concept.
2) class will be assigned a thirty-two measure six track musical sequence to compose applying the same. Four tracks will be strings/ two tracks will be percussion. call/response concept but use stringed instruments for the call (question) and percussion instruments to be the (response)
3) student can alternate measures in durations of two of four measures in between the other tracks.
4) students must write this sequence as though it were a conversation between others. ie> one track could have a violin loop for four measures; another track could have a cello for two measures opposing the violin track and then another track could have four measures responding to the cello track using opposite measures.
5)closure: students will play their sequences for class.
6) class will evaluate the sequences using a rubric of 4 being the highest to i being the lowest.
7) criteria for 4 = met all of the objectives for sequence
3 = met most of the criteria for the sequence
2 = hardly met any of the criteria for the sequence
1 = did not follow the directions for the sequence
Students are very excited concerning the growth of the development of writing sequences. Each time they come to music class, the lessons step up to another creative level of sequencing using this software.
Orchestrating simple sequences using specific instruments families.
Items to Purchase:
Super Duper Music Looper Software – Approximately $25.00
When budget should be submitted: