Little Mini Master Class: Singing Technique!
Leicester Public Schools
TI:ME Technology Areas Addressed:
Digital camera with movie mode
Computer with PowerPoint Software and a projector
Prior Knowledge and Skills:
NAfME standard of 1994 Addressed:
NAfME standard of 1994: Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
NAfME 2014: Performing
NAfME standard of 1994: Listening to, analyzing and describing music.
NAfME standard of 1994: Evaluating music and music performances.
NAfME 2014: Responding
Teacher produced PowerPoint lesson with examples of good posture, good breathing, phrasing, and singing styles in individual slides emphasizing these various points.
The Students will:
Learn how to sit and stand with proper posture.
Try to sing on pitch.
Sing correctly using the proper breathing and phrasing techniques, following the teacher’s examples.
1. In the classroom, the class will watch the PowerPoint presentation that demonstrates the teacher’s examples.
2. The students will try to imitate the teacher’s examples to the best of the students’ abilities.
4. The student imitates the teacher perfectly.
3. The student imitates the teacher with some mistakes.
2. The student imitates the teacher with many mistakes.
1. The student has no clue as to what is going on.
1. The PowerPoint presentation will be available, on the classroom computer, for the student’s reference.
2. In the future, the students will be able to demonstrate singing on pitch, with good posture, breathing and phrasing techiques, in various styles of music.