Power Point presentation reviewing proper techniques of singing!
Ann G. Emond
Leicester Public Schools
TI:ME Technology Areas Addressed:
Computer with Power Point software and a projector.
Prior Knowledge and Skills:
MENC Standards Addressed:
MENC 1: Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
MENC 6: Listening to, analyzing and describing music.
MENC 7: Evaluating music and music performances.
1. Teacher made Power Point lesson with examples of good behavior.
2. Sound clips from a recent music performance, that contain examples of good singing technique.
2. A computer with a projector.
The Students will:
Learn how to sit and stand properly.
Try to sing on pitch.
Sing the phrasing correctly by following teacher’s examples.
1. In the classroom, the class will watch the Power Point presentation that demonstrates the teacher’s examples.
2. The students will try to imitate the teacher’s examples to the best of the students abilities.
4. The student imitates the teacher perfectly.
3. The student imitates the teacher with some mistakes.
2. The student imitates the teacher with many mistakes.
1. The student has no clue of what is going on.
In the future, the students will be able to demonstrate singing on pitch with good posture, breathing,and phrasing technique, various styles of music.