Let’s Create a Parallel Period in A Sequence Using Finale NotePad- Part One
Gaffney Elementary HOT School, New Britain, CT
TI:ME Technology Areas Addressed:
Prior Knowledge and Skills:
Prior knowledge of applying beginning music fundamentals into a musical composition in a hand written format only
learned in the third grade.
NAfME Standards of 1994 Addressed:
NAfME Standards of 1994: Composing and Arranging Music within specified guidelines.
NAfME Standards of 1994: Reading and notating music.
NAfME 2014: Creating
NAfME Standards of 1994: Listening to, analyzing and describing music.
NAfME Standards of 1994: Evaluating music and music performances.
NAfMe 2014: Responding
Dell Computer linked to an Averkey converter for a enlarged television demonstration of lesson.
The Finale NotePad Primer/Software – Learning the Art of Music Notation with NotePad – Bill Purse
1)be assessed on beggining music fundamentals
2)identify lines/spaces of the treble clef
3)apply lines/spaces to the treble clef
4)identify format of a template design for musical composition
1) intiation: students will be given a short written quiz for a review on the lines/spaces of the treble clef.
2) students will exchange exams and teacher and students will correct them together.
3) teacher will use Finale NotePad and introduce how to apply notes on a treble clef using this computer software.
4) teacher will begin by demonstrating the set up wizard in order to create a blank template of four measures.
5) by clicking on quarter notes using a 4/4 time signature students will be asked one at a time to apply specific named quarter notes onto the lines/spaces of the template.
using only B line, A space, or G line.
6) closure: teacher will tell studnet that they will be at their own computers next time to create their own templates and continue this lesson.
Students are very curious and are very excited about the next lesson to proceed with this procedure of applying music fundamentals into the computer.
Creating a parallel period using this approach of music composition.
Items to Purchase:
Finale NotePad is free on- line.
When budget should be submitted: